County Attorney: Dana R. Minteer
Your County Attorney IS the legal advisor and chief law enforcement officer for Guthrie County. The County Attorney DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors and county and township officers concerning county matters.
- Represent and defend the state, county, and its officers in officially related cases.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and children in need of assistance cases.
Your County Attorney IS NOT, in his or her official capacity, a lawyer for private groups or persons. The County Attorney DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents for private individuals.
The County Attorney’s Office is located at 200 North 5th, Guthrie Center, Iowa. The office can be reached via phone (641) 747-3765 and via fax (641) 332-2423.