Guthrie County Roads department is currently seeking an Office Manager. Under general supervision this positions performs a variety of administrative, accounting, and clerical duties. Prepares financial and department reports. Provides administrative support role for a complex department.
This position is full-time, 40 hours a week. Work hours will be 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
The hourly pay rate is $23.50 - $25.00 depending on qualification and experience.
- Maintains records regarding department employee’s sick time, time off, overtime, workers compensation and hours worked according to County and State requirements.
- Maintains County and personnel policy reports and records ensuring security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Prepares and handles correspondence for the department.
- Handles public relations issues as the public’s first contact within the department.
- Prepares reports, invoices, permits and other related documents for the Secondary Roads office.
- Post invoices to various accounts according to IDOT and County account classifications.
- Assists in preparation of County and IDOT budget, reports and construction programs.
- Assists Human Resources in administering safety training, updates policies, SDS files, safety-loss control policies and records. May participate on Safety Committee.
- Maintains perpetual inventory of Department general construction and maintenance items.
- Maintains vehicle title files. Ensure proper registration of vehicles including insurances. Keeps list of all department equipment.
- Maintains effective working relationship with contractors, utility companies, the public, government officials and other employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and possess strong organization, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical movements including standing, kneeling, pulling, pushing, and pulling and lifting objects under 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of standard bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including a two-way radio.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs proficiently.
- Working knowledge of engineering & construction terms, land descriptions, machinery & mechanical terms.
- High School degree/GED
- 3 years of general office management, including record keeping and computer entry.
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. IPERS. Flex Spending Account. Dependent Care Spending Account.
Paid vacation, sick time, personal days, and comp time.
Application may be found by clicking on the Employment Application button on this page or at the Guthrie County Courthouse located at 200 N. 5th Street, Guthrie Center. Applications may also be found at the Roads Department, which is located at 2211 215th Road, Guthrie Center.
Submit your application, resume, and cover letter to the following address or email - Jamie Lindsay, HR Coordinator, Guthrie County, 205 N. 5th Str, Guthrie Center, IA 50115. [email protected]
Deadline to submit applications will be end of business day Friday, August 6th.
Guthrie County is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.